Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Things I See While Running in My Neighborhood

The kids down the street with the portable basketball hoop (one of the little boys once told me I "look very nice")

Lilac bushes

Hipster running fashions (Dude, isn't it hot running with all those dreds? Put them in a ponytail!)

The sno-cone guy from Coco (who cheers me on)

Elegant old buildings

Ducks (like Ed and Dolores) in the pond

Green grass and big old trees

Grafitti

Tee ball games; dads coaching their kids

The same people running (we pass each other doing laps in opposite directions; one girl waved at me today as we ran by each other)

The Night Ministry truck helping the homeless

Kids swarming all over the massive playground

Old Puerto Rican guys smoking cigarettes on the corner

Community garden plots

Art at the Peanut Gallery

People smoking pot (well, this one I smell more than I see)

Really pale people (gotta love spring in Chicago)

People of ALL different shapes and sizes getting in their workout and enjoying the weather

No comments:

Post a Comment