Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Running Shoes

I FINALLY got my new running shoes today.

By the time I got home after stopping at UPS, I hardly had any time to run.  (Unless I wanted to be super late to small group a second week in a row.)  But I was dying to try them out, and I did have 15 minutes- just enough time for me to run a mile.

Actually, it was more than enough time, because today my mile only took 12:30!

Okay, I know this is still super slow by most standards.  I probably could have pushed myself harder.  BUT, I actually felt like I could keep up that pace a little longer than the mile, so that was a good sign.  

AND... ZOMG (as Kristin would say), running shoes are amazing.  

My feet felt so light.  And my arch did not hurt at all.  My knees are not achy.  Yes, it was only a mile, but both of those things were bothering me after a mile of running the other day.

And this is with cheap running shoes!  I can't imagine what really nice ones would feel like.  Running is just like hiking... have the right apparel makes a world of difference.

I owe Nina a thank you for being a huge pain in my ass about this.  This was a much better choice than putting the money towards an unpaid parking ticket from June.   

So, within the next few days, I will be starting the half marathon training.  I'm back to feeling like I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. woot! how exciting! look at your improving time------ woot! :)

    ReplyDelete