Saturday, December 15, 2012

Running Playlist Update

Music is vital to my running. If I'm bored with my music, I'm unmotivated to run. Some people say they can lose themselves in their thoughts while running. That happens to me when I'm hiking or canyoneering, but I have yet to experience that during a run. I've heard about people thinking about work during runs to de-stress... This actually creates MORE stress for me because I don't have any post-its with me to jot down my ideas/ to-do list. (If you see my desk at work, the post-its are outta control.) Anyway, I digress.

I found a link to this website on Pinterest, and it's given me so many great song ideas:

http://theruniverse.com/2012/05/the-runiverse-summer-playlist/

For example, I had never even considered CCR's version of "Good Golly Miss Molly" as a running song, but it totally rocks! And this inspired me to add some JD McPherson, which is also great to run to.


(When I first heard "Firebug" over the summer, I thought he was singing "She's my little fire butt..." I sang it this way for a while and was confused as to what the song was saying.")

Other favorite running songs include:

"Troublemaker" by Weezer

"Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child

"99 Problems" by Jay-Z

"Shake it Off" by Florence and the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment