Sunday, December 23, 2012

Running Fashion

The top picture is how I want to look while running in the cold. The bottom picture is much closer to how I actually look/feel.

I have a headband to keep my ears warm, but it's too wide and I think it makes me look like a weirdo.

I wear a tee shirt or tank top underneath a technical running shirt. But the end of the run, the sleeves are covered in snot, despite the tissues I keep in my bra. My arms are also getting cold. Not sure what to do about this... Do I need two long sleeved shirts?? If so, what kind of fabric should the base layer be?

My bottom half is where things really get ridiculous. I got a pair of North Face long underwear (or are they tights? Is there a difference?). They definitely kept my legs nice and warm today! But I don't know how to wear them. I mean, you're not supposed to wear them by themselves, right? And even if you were, I just couldn't do that. Nobody needs to see me running around in just tights. So I wore my black capris over them today, and it looked SO stupid. I felt just like Joey in that picture. I need advice!

My shoes make the ensemble even more hideous. They are just ugly. That's all there is to it. All black with white laces. It was the cheapest pair I could find. Although, while I was running today, I had the idea that I could possibly make them better looking with some fun shoelaces. So I might try that. But shoelaces aren't going to fully solve my dilemma.

As my parents would say, I look like a Bolingbrook housewife.

I had no idea dressing for running would be so complicated! I need like, a $1000 gift card to Lululemon, and a personal shopper to tell me how to wear all this stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment