Friday, December 7, 2012

Cute boots

This may sound stupid, but there are a lot of days when I have to look at my inspirational  Pinterest board to motivate myself to get out the door.

Tonight this picture really jumped out at me.


I definitely do not love my body.  Probably never will.  No matter how much weight I lose, the stretch marks will never go away.  

But there are parts of my body I do love, and I appreciate them more while I'm running.  

For example, my legs.  

Even when I was thin, my stupid high school ex told me my legs "really weren't my best feature."

In my early 20's, I wanted to buy cute dressy boots, but none would fit over my chunky calves.  (I know there are special ones you can buy, but I didn't want to do that.)

After 40 pounds of weight loss, this winter I thought I'd try it again.

And those stupid boots still wouldn't zip up.

Every single pair I tried on- too small.

I was about to be upset, but then I stopped and thought about it.  

My calves are not fat.  They are ALL muscle.  Muscle gained from climbing mountains, climbing 2,000 feet to Angel's Landing, climbing up nearly vertical slickrock out of canyons.  Muscle from running a 5k, a 10k, and soon, a half marathon.  

Are my legs attractive?  Not really.  But does it bother me?  No way.  

I'd rather be able to climb a mountain than wear cute boots any day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment