Saturday, December 15, 2012

And this is why I need Weight Watchers in my life.

I scheduled my long run for tonight (Saturday). I am learning that running is a lot like dieting- you have to plan for it. So all day, I knew I had to run tonight.

Normally, when I know I have a long run coming, I am intentional about my diet and drinking water. But today was super busy. As I slipped on my running shoes and headed out the door, I reviewed what I'd eaten today.

Breakfast: Belvita crackers and a Diet Coke

Lunch: Portillo's cheese fries and a Diet Coke

Dinner: Chips and guac from Chipotle and a Diet Coke.

I. Am. F-Ed, I thought to myself.

(My diet is usually not this bad. Honest. I was just really busy and not paying attention today.)

I told myself that even if I made it just 3 miles, that would still be better than nothing. It was worth a try.

And I made it the whole 7 miles. It wasn't even that big of a deal! But I was definitely getting tired near the end. I could tell I was nearing my limit. I ran 7 miles one other time, so I was pretty confident going into tonight's run. But everything after this will be new territory. I'm both excited/nervous about pushing myself to go further!


Oh, and I ran the 7 miles 9 minutes faster than the last time I ran that far (which was about 6 weeks ago). Hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment