Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All Is Not Lost

Today was my first run since Memorial Day. It was ugly, but not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I only did one mile! But that was better than I expected... I was afraid I'd have to start over on Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5k. Hopefully I'll be able to work my way back up to 3 miles soon.

I'm going to have to adjust to running here. It can still be 100 degrees at 10:00 at night, so the best time of the day to run is right before sunrise. I hate running in the morning, but I'll just have to suck it up. It was only in the 80's when I went out this morning, but the sun felt really hot. I'm also going to have to be a lot more careful about staying hydrated.

Despite all that, I'm so glad I ran. I got really out of shape this summer, but I'm going to get back on track. I have two things to train for. Sadly, the Tinkerbell Half Marathon filled up already, but the Rock and Roll Half is here in Phoenix that same weekend, so I'm considering doing that. And in November, I'm doing the Summit Challenge with Kristin: 12 hours, 7 peaks, 26 miles.

It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment