Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spring

I smelled spring today while I was out running.

It was just the faintest whiff for the briefest moment, but it was there.

There were other signs, too- a bunny, a beautiful sunset at a later hour... The days are getting longer. And I know we've still got some winter left, but I think spring is just around the corner. (This always reminds me of the Frog and Toad books, where Toad takes this phrase literally and keeps looking for spring around corners.)

Today's run was one of those really great runs where you find your rhythm and just don't want to stop. I would've done more than 4 miles if I had the time! I think I'm finally back in the groove after my hiatus. It helps to have something to train for- I'm in Week 2 of half marathon training. I think I need that structure. Oh, and speaking of things I need, I really need some new music for my playlist! I think that's causing some of the motivation problems.

Anyway, I am excited for spring. Temps in the 40's is my favorite running weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment