Sunday, April 28, 2013

Soldier Field 10 Mile

Last week, my friend told me that she is doing the Soldier Field 10 Mile. I had completely forgotten about this race until she mentioned it. Last year, one of my coworkers was training for this race, and I just remember being awed by our conversations about his training. Honestly, I never even had thoughts like, "I wish I could do that," because running was never even a possibility to me. I just thought that what he was doing was so cool.

Well, here we are, a year later, and everything has changed. And my friend mentioned this race, and it actually IS a possibility. Yesterday I ran 6 miles pretty easily, and I still have four weeks till the race. I can totally do this. So I signed up this morning.

Now that I'm back up to decent mileage, I was feeling kind of directionless. This gives me structure and a goal.

I also think it will be a nice way to end my time in Chicago- on the 50-yard line of Soldier Field.

I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment