Thursday, March 7, 2013

6 Pack Abs

Nancy asked about the 6 Pack Ab Challenge I'm doing this month, so I thought I'd share it...

One week in, and I am feeling slightly skeptical of this promise of a 6 Pack in just a few more weeks. But why not? It can't hurt.

Or can it? Actually, I found out recently that I have diastasis, which is where your abdominal muscles don't come back together after having a baby, making it very difficult to lose fat in this area. Ew. I would just like to say, I do not recommend teen pregnancy to anyone. No one warned me about stretch marks or diastasis or any of the other horrific things that happen to your body when you're pregnant. As an adult, you have friends who have been through it, and you do your research. As an 18 year-old, all I had were episodes of "A Baby Story" on TLC. No joke, when I asked my doctor if I should, you know, go to a birthing class or something, she said, "If you're going to get an epidural, watch a few episodes of A Baby Story and you'll be fine." Ha! A lot of good that did me when the anesthesiologist got stuck in heart surgery and I had a 9.5 pound baby with absolutely NOTHING for the pain!

Anyway, I digress. I actually had to look back to see what I was writing about before that rant... Sit-ups actually make diastasis worse. So I probably should be doing the therapeutic exercises that are recommended to treat it... But those are stupid and don't feel like I'm doing anything. So I'll stick with this plan and see how things are looking at the end of the month.



No comments:

Post a Comment